Switzerland has been home for wellness centers for centuries. Today spa and fitness are as popular direction in international tourism as sports with the greatest advantage of its accessibility all year round and strong support from the authorities.
From Roman times, people come here not only to enjoy the beautiful mountain scenery, but for medical treatment with natural mineral water and thermal springs running across the country’s terrains.
It is impossible to list all of them, but if you are ready to get your own incredible experience at Switzerland spa resorts, check some of the interesting spots we have reviewed:
- For the one seeking how to combine beloved winter or summer sports with spa indulgence, Davos Klosters would be a perfect choice and a destination number one. Famous for its après ski entertainment, Davos offers wide options in getting relaxed after intensive outdoor physical activities. The Hard Rock Hotel Davos would pretty much suit the aim: you can spend a day skiing down the slopes or cycling mountain routes and then return to rest in the Rock Spa®. The complex situated in the building B includes pools, saunas, massage therapy and beauty rooms to treat even the most pampered guest. The Hard Rock Hotel Davos provides comfortable suites with easy access to the spa area. Whether you want a relaxing massage, some sauna time, or to work up a sweat in the Body Rock® fitness center, you’ll find it all here with an exceptionally talented staff to meet your every need. The Rock Spa® calms your nerves and blows your mind with special Rhythm & Motion signature treatments.
- For the one who does not want to leave the city fuss, Thermalbad & Spa right in Zurich is a great opportunity to enjoy the city panorama from the rooftop pool. The spa complex is located in the basement of the former brewery. It is distinctive that thermal baths look exactly like the beer barrels, which is not the only thing that makes this place unique. They offer Irish-Roman spa, which consists of two hours going through the water of different temperature, steam rooms, peeling and massage (Cleopatra or Caesar massage). The spa area is for adults only, but children are admitted to the baths.
- For the one in search for breathtaking mountain view, we would advise to take the Rigi train and go up the Alps. You can stay there in Mineralbad & Spa Rigi Kaltbad that is situated on Kaltbad spring. The resort offers indoor and outdoor swimming pools for all ages, while spa area is for adults over 16. They adhere to Roman bath culture and invite guests to try herbal sauna, crystal spa, mineral bath, hot stones relaxation, massages and masks.
- Another Alpine resort worth visiting is Thermalp Les Bains d’Ovronnaz at 1400m height above the sea level with two outdoor pools with thermal water and one indoor. All ages are welcome to splash in the pools with whirlpool, waterfall, jacuzzis and massage jets. The spa area of Les Bains has Finnish sauna, hammam, and steam rooms at your service. The resort offers winter and summer holiday programs to combine skiing and bath or hiking and bath correspondingly.
- Take into consideration Brigerbad region with the enormous resort of Thermalbad Brigerbad where you can plunge into the hot springs dating from Roman times with the whole family. The spa part includes wellness baths, wood, bio and salt saunas, hammam, Kneipp basin, various treatments and massages for body: bamboo massage, hot stone massage, peelings and wraps, Hanakashmi body treatment. There are such beauty procedures available as regenerative and anti-aging masks, manicure and pedicure.
- La Reserve Geneva is a luxurious hotel and spa designed in African style. Comfortable suites lead to a balcony or terrace, to garden or directly to the swimming pool. The complex is located on the shore of the picturesque lake Geneva and has large green park area. The Nescens treatment center provides highly qualified doctors including professional osteopaths and nutritionists. The resort is famous for using the latest technologies in their programs on anti-aging, well-being, and body shape improvement. There are tennis courts, indoor swimming pool, hammam, and fitness center on the territory of La Reserve Geneva.
- Not far from the lake Geneva at the foot of the Alps in the village of Clarens there is a biggest health center in Switzerland combining the methods of traditional and non-traditional medicine and spa. Clinique La Prairie programs include medical diagnostics by doctors and spa therapists. They are aimed at revitalization, detox, improvement of sleep and mobility. The highlights of the center are Kneipp and hydrotherapy, ayurvedic therapy. In the other aspects it has traditional pools, saunas, jaccuzi, hammam among them.